Thursday, June 2, 2011

Florida!!!



Last week we went to Santa Rosa Beach, FL. We had a blast. It was our first family vacation (sad, I know, but remember Andy's busy season is from March to October) and LG's first trip to the beach. Needless to say, she was more than excited to build sand castles and swim all day long! We went with Andy's family and some friends. We stayed in a 3 story house with it's own pool. The house slept 15. It was perfect!


I got burnt up the first day so I wasn't able to get out without 50 SPF on for the rest of the time. It was my fault since I didn't put any sunscreen on at all on the first day (skin cancer waiting to happen). We ate out almost every night. We went to this fun boardwalk area called, "Baytown Wharf" in Sandestin the first night. It had shops , restaurants, games, etc. LG and I took a pic by the fountain there (see above). We also had to make a trip to Fudpucker's to see the baby alligators and a shopping trip to the outlet malls in Destin! Is it a dream come true to have a Coach, Nine West, Loft and a Banana Republic outlet in the same place??!!


Funny thing~On our way home we got stopped by a Mississippi State Trooper in Macon, MS. He got to the truck and asked Andy for his license and proof of insurance. As Andy was getting it, LG said, "Hi Mr. Po Po!" The trooper died out laughing! He said, "Who said that?" Andy rolled the back window down and she said, "HI!!!" He told Andy that he pulled him over for doing 79 in a 65 and asked where we were going. Andy said, "We just left Florida and we are headed home." The trooper said, "Well, drive safely--your little one just saved you some money." YAY!!!!!! As he was walking off LG said, "I love the Po Po!!" LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!


I have many more pics of the vacay and will post them as soon as I upload them to my computer!



1 comment: