Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The dreaded flu!!

LG has been coughing for the last few days but I thought it was just allergies. When I went to pick her up from school yesterday her class was out on the playground but LG was sitting off to the side. I asked her why she was in time-out and she replied that she wasn't in time-out, she just didn't feel like playing. Uh oh!!!! Red flag! So I checked her temp when we got home and it was around 100. She had the chills and felt kind of weak. This morning I took her to the dr because she still had a low grade fever. She tested positive for the flu but the dr said she is the most active child with the flu that he has seen! Shocker! She seems to be feeling fine of course. Why is that? What did I do to deserve such a wild child? I mean, I don't want her to feel really sick, don't get me wrong, but it would be nice to just lay around on the couch and watch movies all day. Instead I am constantly having to say settle down, quit jumping around, quit getting off the couch, quit asking me questions, quit doing back bends on the couch, lay down, etc etc etc! AHHHH!!!! He gave her some tamiflu and said if she feels up to it, she can go back to school on Thursday. I have a feeling she will be going to school Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Silly girl! I'm glad she's not too sickly and that y'all caught it early!

    ReplyDelete