Thursday, July 14, 2011

Jinx!

Well, I guess I spoke too soon on Tuesday. We put LG down Tuesday night just like any other night because she had such a great day. AT 3 AM Wednesday morning she was screaming from her bed and throwing up. She was running 100.7 fever, which continued all day for the rest of Wednesday and into last night. She would hardly eat or drink. She has developed these ulcer spots on her tongue, which adds to her dislike for putting anything in her mouth, including her medicines!!! She laid around a lot and was generally sickly all day yesterday. It broke my heart to see her that way because she is NEVER sick. I honestly cannot tell you the last time she ran a fever. She slept all night last night (thank you, Lord) except for the two times I woke her up to take her pain medicine. She woke me up at 7:45 this morning saying she wanted to eat breakfast and drink some milk. So glad to hear those words! She is not running a fever this morning so far so she is able to drink milk. She is kind of picking at her breakfast but as long as she's drinking, I feel a little better. Let's hope she is over the greatest recovery hump and will start to feel better every day from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment