Thursday, July 28, 2011

EH "Bubba" Lilley Memorial Golf Tournament 2

Every year since my dad died (2 years now), we have put together a charity golf tournament in his memory. He was an avid golfer and died on a golf course~talk about living every minute of your life!!! :) The proceeds go to the American Heart Association (since he died of a massive heart attack).

We always hold it on the weekend of the week he died (around July 25) and this year it was last weekend. I can't believe I didn't get one picture!! But we had a great turnout! 44 guys played in the tournament, which was held at Wedgewood Golf Course in Olive Branch, MS. My family came from all over the south to support us, friends/family helped more than I can ever thank them for, we had so many donations, i.e. a signed football from Ole Miss, a pearl necklace and earrings from Platinum Jewelers, several restaurant gift cards, a signed basketball from the Univeristy of Memphis, tickets to the zoo, redbirds games, and many more! We all sat down after the tournament and raffled off the prizes and had a great BBQ lunch. It really is a great way to honor my dad's memory and spend time with close friends and family.

Thank you to everyone who helped!! I LOVE Y'ALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment