Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving and the wonderful day after

This year's Thanksgiving was much better than last, when I was 9 days postpartum and Carson and Andy stayed at home while I went to my family's get together. At least my immediate family was all together this year. We went to Columbus, MS to my aunt and uncle's house to celebrate with my grandmother and cousins. We were missing my mom's brother's side of family who spent the week in Orlando. I think they sent us a picture to rub it in. :)

Thanksgiving with Mickey or with the Baker side of the family...hmm, I think they made the wrong choice. ;)
This is the group of us who were there~minus the two youngest (Carson and Harrison) who were taking naps.
This was the kids (and a pregnant Jennifer) pretending that they could all go to sleep together at nap time...NOT!!!
We made it back to Southaven that night with two very sleepy babies and a mama who was too excited about Black Friday shopping.
My cousin, Missy, and I have a ritual where we get together Thursday night after the festivities are over to go through the newspaper ads and make a plan for the next morning. This time we started at 4:30 am, which was perfect because all the stores opened at midnight and the rush was over! We went to at least 6 stores and only waited in line at one for a short 25 minutes! It was fabulous!!! When we started, I had a list of 20 people and not a clue of what I was going to get any of them~at 9:30 am we had all of our shopping done. That is the way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment