Monday, January 9, 2012

Sad but true...

Despite the beliefs of my mom and some others who I will not name (Alisha!), babies do not die from crying. Having said this, I decided to "help" Carson learn how to sleep through the night by letting him "cry it out" when he woke up in the middle of the night last night. I made this decision based on the fact that he is 8 weeks old and eats 6.5 ounces every 4 hours and has NO BUSINESS eating in the middle of the night. By the 10 pm bottle he has consumed 32 oz. We added a scoop of rice cereal in his last bottle and that is plenty in a 24 hour period. So, here's how it went: he went down at 10:30 pm after his last bottle of the night, woke up around 3:15 am (because that's what his body is used to) and cried for about 30 minutes. He went back to sleep and cried on and off from 5 am til 6 am when I got up to feed him~mainly because he had pooped. His body will adjust to getting his calories during the day. I am sure we will have a couple more nights of crying (that's why I bought my mom some ear plugs:). But he lived through the night and so did everyone else!

Today was his first day of daycare~post to come.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure he'll adjust to his new no midnite buffet routine soon!

    Can't wait to hear how his first day went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Mama and Daddy have to sleep, so good for you. Everyone will be happier in the end. Thanks soooo much for coming to visit me. I love you and I loved seeing you and that sweet baby Carson. How did the first day go?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle- you are doing great!! You know I'm a big advocate for crying it out! Nora took about 5 nights and MR took about 3. Now I don't hear a peep out of her for over 12 hours. You can do it! He is eating A LOT! Nora only gets 22 oz a day!

    ReplyDelete