Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter +1

This is our family picture on Easter outside of our church. This is also the way I announced to the Facebook world that I am pregnant!! I let everyone know that this was the family and whether you could tell or not there was another Adair on the way. In this picture I am 10 weeks pregnant.


So, let's talk about the pregnancy so far...

I found out the absolute earliest I could--Wednesday, March 16 (4 weeks). If you know me well, you know that I am a little OCD so I knew exactly when I could test. I really shouldn't have been able to find out until that Friday if you know what I mean. But I thought since I had several pregnancy tests laying around, it wouldn't hurt to "waste" one. To my surprise there was the lightest little pink line. I was in shock! I didn't expect it to actually be positive. So I went to the doctor 2 weeks later (6 weeks) so he could take my blood pressure (that's a whole separate post), steal some of my blood, weigh me and give me some prenatal vitamins. He then told me to come back the next week to have an ultrasound. At this point I was feeling perfectly fine~deception!!! One short week later, Andy and I went to see the little "Peanut" and make sure all was well. Everything looked great. By this time (at 7 weeks) I was starting to feel nauseous, which I had with LG. However, by week 8 and through weeks 9 and 10, the nausea became almost unbearable! I had several episodes where I just sat crying wondering if I would be able to make it another few weeks (because it's all supposed to go away at 12 weeks, right?) I called the dr and he prescribed me some Zofran. I tried several different ways of taking it~I changed the time I took it, the dosage, etc. but it did not work for me. It was like I didn't take anything except for the fact that it made me extremely constipated!! Frustrated, I decided to just suck it up and deal with the sickness. So here I am at 11 weeks feeling a little better, definitely able to manage it much better and looking forward to week 12 when hopefully, things will be MUCH better!! I have had a headache for a few days which I also had with LG during the 1st trimester so I was not surprised but it still kind of sucks. I have a dr's appointment tomorrow at 3:00 pm so I will keep you "posted." :)

2 comments:

  1. Love that little "peanut" already! Can't wait to find out if you are having a boy or girl! So very very glad you started a blog. It makes you seem not so far away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you started a blog too! Either I missed it or forgot that I read it that you were pregnant again! Congrats to you guys! I hope you're doing well!!

    ReplyDelete