Friday, May 6, 2011

Another Dr's appointment

Dr. Tonia Long

This is my therapist. I have been seeing her since 6 months after my dad died, which means I have been her client for over a year. She is wonderful! She led a grief group at 2nd Presbyterian Church that my mom and I went to right after my dad died and I knew that God placed her in my life for a reason. She is currently helping me with the BLOOD PRESSURE CUFF PHOBIA~I like to put it in all caps when I type it because that's how it feels in my head when I think about it. :) We have tried several things and usually when I am in her office my blood pressure gets down to a reasonable # but I am not generalizing the calming strategies that I use in her office to Dr. Peeler's office so that's why I'm hoping Dr. Peeler will go for me having Dr. Long take it instead of him.

On that note, I was totally ready for Dr. Long to take my blood pressure yesterday so I could see a lower # than what I saw at Dr. Peeler's office on Wednesday. I was anxious but I knew it would be better than the previous one. I had been nervous about it all day but had decided it had to be done. I got to her office, told her what happened at Dr. Peeler's office and she said, "Well, are you up for taking it now." I cautiously said, "yes." She got the machine out and it didn't work!! She said the batteries must be dead so she went out to get some more. While she was gone, I put the cuff on my arm just to try to get used to it for a second. When she came back she said they were all out of AA batteries!!! All that worry and preparation for nothing!! I think God is trying to teach me a lesson! LG has a cd that we listen to everyday on our way home from daycare and it has a song on it that says, "Do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself!" Why can't I trust in God's plan??!! Oh ye of little faith!!! On Judgement Day God's probably going to sentence me to 10 years of farming or bug catching for being so anxious all the time. ;) Well, hope everybody has a good weekend. Hopefully I'll get around to taking some pics and can post something fun about LG instead of all this Dr. stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment