Monday, October 22, 2012

Nash~vegas!!

This past weekend 5 of my close friends and I went to Nashville to do some early Christmas shopping. Apparently I felt as though I was doing my own Christmas shopping because I bought mostly for myself. :) I save Black Friday for gifts for others :)
Friday night we went to this great restaurant in Franklin named The Red Pony. The food was awesome and the drinks were great too. As you can see, the restaurant was dimly lit so they gave us menus that light up when you open them. 
Kim and Katie
We got up Saturday morning, had breakfast in the hotel and then spent ALL day until 8 pm shopping all over Nashville. We went to the Green Hills Mall~shout out to Nordstroms!! We ate lunch at Puffy Muffin~chicken salad and cupcakes to die for. Then we went to Franklin where Stacey and I got a little pampering at Serendipity Spa. Finally we ended the day at the Opry Mills Mall, which Katie affectionately calls "Shopryland." We ate dinner at Chuy's, a Mexican restaurant inside the mall. 
 All of us at Chuy's.
By the time we finished eating we were all exhausted.
We got up yesterday, took our time getting ready and packing up. We mostly sat around and talked (one of my favorite parts of the weekend).
We went down, ate breakfast and set out to do a little more shopping. We hit what I've heard is the best TJMaxx/Home Goods store in the state. :) We ate lunch and then headed back to Memphis.
Katie's car, Myrtle, was packed up with weekend purchases.
Girls' weekends are a must! It is so much fun to get a break from reality, do some shopping, eat good food and spend some quality time with good friends. Don't get me wrong, I missed my babies, but I loved this time away with my girls! Can't wait til the next time!

3 comments:

  1. So much fun! Also, so glad that my "birthday" experience didn't show up here : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo fun!! Girls' weekends are ESSENTIAL!! Gotta have them! Thanks for your sweet comments on my newborn post. Can't believe I am about to have another little screamer on my hands. Ahhhh! Miss you tons, and hoping to come to Southaven before this baby is born!

    ReplyDelete