Tuesday, December 27, 2011

6 weeks already?

Carson is already 6 weeks old!! I can't believe it. He is getting on a pretty good schedule~it's been pretty much the same for a while but I guess I just realized in the last few days that it may be our regular one. He eats 5.5 oz every 3.5 hours. His last "day" bottle is around 9 pm, he goes down before 10 pm, gets up around 2 am and then again between 6 and 7 am. My goal is to have him sleeping through the night no later than week 9 when I go back to work. He still goes down for naps pretty well unless he has some gas or is overstimulated. Andy and I take turns getting up with him in the middle of the night.

I am experiencing some postpartum insomnia. It is so annoying. I have no reason to be awake because EVERYONE else, including Carson, is asleep but I have the hardest time getting back to sleep if I wake up in the middle of the night. I could easily get up when Carson cries at 2 am, feed him, get him back down within 45 minutes, and be back asleep BUT my mind is racing 1,000 miles an hour, sometimes I only get a few hours of sleep per night! SUCKS!!! But at least I only require a few hours of sleep and can stay in a pretty good mood even though I'm sleep deprived. :) I go for my 6 week check up tomorrow and plan on talking to Dr. Peeler about all that then. Hopefully it's a temporary issue and will be resolved sooner rather than later.

Carson goes for his first round of shots Friday. I wanted to get them as soon as I could since LG goes to preschool everyday and could expose him to some pretty nasty stuff. LG never had any issues after she would get her shots so hopefully that's the way it will be with Carson.


BTW~doesn't Carson look just like his daddy?

1 comment:

  1. I am soooo glad that sweet baby boy is doing so great! Hope you are doing great too. Think about you all the time. Carson is precious! Hope LG had a great Christmas. I know Santa was good to her :)

    ReplyDelete