Thursday, April 17, 2014

Is he real?

Last night on the way home from picking the kids up from daycare, I asked LG if she was excited about the Easter Bunny coming this weekend. She said, "Mom...the Easter Bunny is not real." She said it very matter of factly. I said, "What?! Who told you that?" I'm in full panic mode thinking how do I make this right?! She said, "Nobody. How can a bunny get around to all those houses? It's just somebody who gets up in the middle of the night." (Clearly, someone has told her this.) I said, "Who gets up in the middle of the night?" She said, "I've never seen him so I don't believe in him." I said, "You've never seen Jesus but you believe in Him."
OK~let me pause and say that as soon as that came out of my mouth I thought, "I can't believe I just compared the Easter Bunny to Jesus." And I also thought of how there's lots of people who don't do the whole Easter Bunny/Santa Claus thing because they don't want their child to think they lie to them and then get confused about Jesus. So all this is going on in my head and do you know what my cynical little church going child said? She said...
"Jesus lives in my heart. I've seen him like 1 hundred, thousand, million times...and the Bible!"
God is amazing! He does it all! I do nothing! Right then I was reminded of that. Thank you God for serving me a great big slice of humble pie out of the hands of the child you made for ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment